SEWING FOR HOPE - COVID-19
MASKS for HOPE
Covid-19 has hit the cities of CANADA … we need masks to be safe.
Covid-19 has hit the slums of KENYA ….. they need masks to be safe but there are none available!
By government edit, nobody is allowed out of their homes without masks. But, where do the poor acquire masks??
I just received this SOS from our slum workers in Nairobi:
“I want too informed you what’s the government have come up with that everybody must have MASKS when going out a must and when police get you they beat people so our HOPE & Bright Future children’s fear even to comes and get waters for hands washed. Our government has not steps to provide any help. Our peoples have no food, nothing. Please help us”. Mary W
Having and wearing a required face mask in Nairobi means that:
- A mother can walk in public to our school to receive food from the Food Distribution Program.
- A parent can go to work to provide for his / her family.
- The only caregiver in the family isn’t arrested and thrown in jail for not wearing a face mask, thus leaving young children abandoned.
- Lives are saved.
We have a solution to help: MASKS for HOPE
A Nairobi fashion designer has offered to help us mass produce masks. The prototypes are made and we are ready for production.
- We will hire community seamstresses (employment for desperate mothers),
- purchase fabric and a few more sewing machines and
- sell them for KSH 20 (25 cents).
Please help us in the following ways:
- Donate funds to be used to purchase FABRIC
- Donate funds to help purchase more SEWING MACHINES
“WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER” … please assist us with this crisis in the slums of Nairobi